Saturday 18 October 2014

Reflection section 4

Where do you need to use of technology in education? Probably in everywhere but the language teaching is one of the most necessary area where the technology should be used. When I start to learn English as a second language, the only material I can define as a technologic one is a radio that is used for listening activities by my teacher. Although it looks insufficient, my English teacher was using the radio very effectively to make our ears train to English. We were listening some reading text that were in our books as well and trying to match words, filling the gaps in the text or trying to repeat what we were hearing from the radio. It was fun and educatory activity. All those activities were being done according to a certain system, I guess, which is the ASSURE model. My teacher was doing all the necessary procedures that should be done in the system. He was good at utilizing the technology even though he had insufficient equipment. However, I am not sure he was aware of existing such system.:)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Altan :) Actually, it seems that your teacher tried his best and he was good at in terms of following the ASSURE model. Now, I think your teacher need to learn Teacher's Pet because you said he used different types of exercises. By using teacher's pet, he can produce new materials for his students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again and again almost in every post I read the same problems of our high school times ; insufficient materials in classroom.

    Although your teacher tried to do his/her best, utilizing technology was not easy in those times. Maybe they will see this big change in schools and will sigh for not being able to use technology as much as future teachers will use.

    ReplyDelete