Monday 3 November 2014

Reflection on my vacabulary test scores



I really liked the vocabulary tests. Each one of them has nice and smooth style to understand its context and it led me to find out what I want to see about my vocabulary level. All the tests I took are consistent with each other and they showed that I know approximately 10 000 words which is seen satisfying for now. I have never experienced such testes before and I see that it is a huge loss for me. Moreover, I will definitely make my students use such tools because those tools are user friendly and you may have a chance to learn new words, even when you are testing yourself.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting to note that these sorts of tests have been available for about twenty years -- of course, only in paper versions in the first few years. It seems such an obvious tool for self-development. I am puzzled why most teachers remain ignorant about them. You said you had never seen such tests before. Do you have any idea why your teachers never introduced their students to such self-tests?

    By the way, I'm really curious to see what DUOLINGO thinks about your English level. That is quite an interesting new development in language testing.

    ReplyDelete